Monday, July 4, 2011

The Last of My Thoughts on Derek Jeter for the Evening

I just spent the last 4 1/2 hours hand-writing and then typing a 5-page essay about seeing Derek Jeter play with the Trenton Thunder on Saturday night. Maybe after I edit it, I'll post it here and the entire blog will be filled with words. In the meantime, here's a photo of him from his second rehab start this afternoon.

I strongly doubt that Derek Jeter's the kind of person who thinks, "I have to wear that?" I think that he would especially never think this about any kind of patriotic uniform, because Derek Jeter is the definition of a model citizen (or at least one definition of it). So, Happy Independence Day. Go ahead and wear your flag t-shirts and embroidered blue jean cutoffs. Derek Jeter doesn't mind and I guess I don't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment