Friday, August 12, 2011

Two Bad Things Happened

Somehow, C.C. Sabathia and Cole Hamels managed to have their worst starts of the season at the same time. I was listening to one on the radio and watching the other on MLB.tv. I'm trying to have a nice, positive attitude about this, since it doesn't help anyone for me to get angry and/or depressed. Positivity-ly, let's also not dwell on what's happening to my Fantasy teams or the fact that I've irresponsibly decided to eat a box of candy right after brushing my teeth. Sometimes, bad things happen and you just have to wait for them to stop happening.

C.C. Sabathia gave up five solo home runs for the first time in his career-- to my least favorite team in baseball. This was a bad thing.

Meanwhile, Cole Hamels had to deal with this:

And this:

He struck Jayson Werth out with the bases loaded. That was a good thing.

But his velocity was down and he kept missing the strike zone. Those are bad things. After the game, he said he was dealing with a "dead arm phase." Cole, I think it's actually called "Mercury Retrograde," because I've got it too and it's not going away until September. If the Red Sox look like they're going to sweep the playoffs by then, I guess we can chalk it up to cosmic insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment