Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday Night

I frequently cite the fact that all Iowans are Cubs fans when explaining my dislike of the Cubs. (We can explore the animosity I feel towards my mental conception of the anonymous group people who provided a safe and pleasant community for my family and I in a separate post on the "Understanding Jenni's Psychological Perspective and Wrong Ideas Blog.") That said, I didn't know that I knew any actual Cubs fans until my friend told me to "suck it" after the Cubs beat the Yankees in the first game of this weekend's series. The Yankees came back to take the remaining two games. Friend, you "suck it."

That said, Wrigley Field is a place I'd like to visit, especially after Dave Eggers told the internet that watching the Cubs isn't the point of going there. You can read more of what Dave Eggers thinks about it, here. You can see a photo of it from Sunday night's game, here:

C.C. Sabathia pitched on Sunday night. He hasn't been lights-out-super-amazing these last two weeks, but he did win the game. He also swung a bat, which is not something that happens very often.

I usually think of C.C. as the "ace" of my Dynasty Keeper League team, but that title probably belongs to Cole Hamels. He only gave up two runs, but still lost the game to some Mariner named Jason Vargas on Sunday. The Mariners have a lot of good pitchers and at least two new, young hitters. Are they going to be championship contenders before we turn 40?

Chase Utley is back. He and Jason Vargas performed a bird dance together.

I don't know if I've ever posted a photo of a Giant other than Buster Posey, Tim Lincecum or Eli Manning, but I saw this angry photo of Cody Ross and thought to myself "Yes, this is why I hate him." I like to encourage people to dislike the things that I hate, so maybe the photo will make you feel the same way I feel.

Don't like Cody Ross and don't like the Cubs. You can like Cole Hamels if you want, but not if we play Fantasy Baseball together. You can like the Yankees, no matter who you are. That would mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment