Monday, March 15, 2010

Ladies Love Us v. 2.0: The Outfield

Yesterday, I began to address the question of whether or not my Fantasy team has gotten less lovable by evaluating my infielders. Now, let's examine the outfield:

OF: 2009 - GRADY SIZEMORE (CLE); 2010 - ANDRE ETHIER (LAD)

In addition to being a cosmic waste of fantasy energy in 2009, Grady Sizemore was also the source of 90.5% of all managerial conflict for the Ladies. I love him. Paul hates him. In fact, Paul threatened to quit the team if I redrafted Grady this year. We took Andre Ethier, instead. Sometimes, I think he's really cute and sometimes I think he looks like a small talking mouse. Even though he'd be an upgrade over almost any other outfielder, here Ethier is LOVE DOWNGRADE.

Last year, Kei made this collage of Marauders of Time managers with their #1 draft picks. Doesn't it look like Grady and I went to prom together? My high school G.P.A. was higher than his, but maybe they didn't have weighted AP classes at Cascade High School in Everett, WA.

Grady, I still think we have a future...I'll call you when I move to Cleveland.

OF: 2009 - NICK SWISHER (NYY); 2010 - JASON KUBEL (MIN)

Remember when I met Nick Swisher last year?
Jason Kubel looks like a ghoul and he plays for the Twins. SERIOUS LOVE DOWNGRADE.

OF: 2010 - NYJER MORGAN (WAS); 2009 - ADAM DUNN (WAS)

I made these photos backwards.
Nyjer Morgan has a nice smile and steals a ton of bases. Adam Dunn looks like a donkey and steals NO bases. This is a LOVE UPGRADE.

UTILITY: 2009 - MANANANANNY RAMIREZ (LAD???); 2010 - JUAN PIERRE (CWS)

Hey
Manny! I think you may be a bad person, but I still like you tons! Do something funny this year! Please make the Dodgers not suck! Are you and Casey Blake friends? I can't imagine that this could be possible! Juan Pierre looks like a teenager, but he's older than I am! We got him to compliment Nyjer Morgan! I wonder how that will work out...LOVE DOWNGRADE!

Next, our pitching staff, where a lot of good things happened yesterday....

1 comment:

  1. Why do all high school websites look like they're stuck in the internet's first trimester?

    ReplyDelete