Sunday, July 5, 2009

Brewers vs. Cubs, 7/4/09

Another Jeff invited Mordecai and me to another Cubs game, this time against the Brewers. Like last time with the Dodgers, I bought a hat for the opposing team. I wore it with my chorizo shirt that I bought in Milwaukee a couple of years ago at Miller Park, to root for the relatively newly added chorizo in the sausage race when the Brewers play at home.

For this game, I had Fantasy interests in addition to personal interests. Prince Fielder has been doing good things as my first baseman, and I like Mike Cameron. Here he is fiddling with his bat and Fourth of July hat during "God Bless America" and the national anthem before the game.

(Click image for full size.)

Rich Harden pitched a hot mess for two innings, giving up five runs in the first. Casey McGehee was on fire. Here he is below with the Majestic Prince Fielder, who was intentionally walked twice.

The Cubs suck, and I'm not just saying this because I don't like them. Alfonso Soriano did not bat first, and went 0 for 4 somewhere in the butt end of the lineup. He was able to get on base because of a Brewer error. Here is his last at bat, GRABBING SOME BENCH.

There were many Brewers fans at the game. Here are some jovial Brewers fan, who seem to be taking Prince Fielder fan-dom seriously.

Brewers win, 11-2!

Here I am with my Brew Crew gear, kind of with the McDonald's employee across the street from Wrigley who had to wear baseball gear for game day. I had a Chicken McNugget Happy Meal.

I like to think that I bring opposing teams luck when I go to Cubs games and buy a hat for the opposing team. I also like to think that I'm just being a fan of baseball, but Mordecai says I'm a hater. I don't hate the Cubs, but they do kind of make me sick. Anyway, YAY BASEBALL! A fine way to spend the Fourth of July.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to two Mets games next week. As much as I want to say I'm doing it because I love the Dodgers and because I support baseball, I can't help but admit that I really, really want to see the Mets lose. Whatever, I'm a hater. Sorry Mordecai.

    ReplyDelete