Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 5: Weekend Sweeper Bonanaza

Angels 7, Red Sox 6
Angels win series in 3
W: Oliver (1-0)
L: Papelbon (0-1)
S: Fuentes (2)
HR: LAA Morales (1); BOS Drew (1)



It was a great baseball weekend for Los Angeles, with the Dodgers sweeping St. Louis on Saturday and the Angels stealing a jaw-dropping last-minute victory from the Red Sox to sweep their ALDS series at Fenway on Sunday.  Yo, Sam, your boy Vladdy did GREAT.  Jonathan Papelbon, who had previously kept his post-season ERA at  0.00, gave up three runs in the ninth to blow the BoSox's 6-4 lead. He was heartily booed off the field as a result.  Now, God and the internet both know that I'm not a Papelbon fan, but Boston that's rude.  Booing your own players when they're down?

Yeah, okay, I did it to A-Rod.  I'M SORRY.  I won't anymore. In public.  Okay, I won't. Period. (In public.) (I won't.) (I can't help it.) (Jenni, just don't.) I won't.


HEY A-ROD, GOOD WORK! WE LOVE YOU! (I'm trying)

Yankees 4, Twins 1
Yankees win series in 3
W: Pettitte (1-0)
L: Pavano (0-1)
S: Rivera (1)
HR: NYY Rodruigez (2), Posada (1)


Go out and love, love, love everyone.


Woolsey made me go out to get pizza at the start of the 7th inning, so I missed BOTH Yankee home runs.  To be fair, he did send me real-time text updates as I was standing in line at "Not Ray's Pizza," and also taught me a lot about baseball throughout the course of the game.  We're even.  No hard feelings. Those are my two least favorite Yankees, anyway.


Ever the professional, DJ keeps his uniform tidy despite clubhouse distractions

It's not a big deal that the Yankees swept the Twins because the Twins barely made the playoffs.  That said, let's keep those good vibes rolling, team!

Phillies 6, Rockies 5
Phillies lead series 2-1
W: Durbin (1-0)
L: Street (0-1)
S: Lidge
HR: PHI Chutley (1); COL Gonzalez (1)

 

Jayson Werth (28) is listed as being 6 feet 5 inches, but doesn't he look like a GIANT?  I guess it's because Jimmy Rollins (11) is 5'8?  I think I'm supposed to have feelings about Jimmy Rollins, but I don't.  Maybe later.
 

Uh, good work, I guess.  Will you please win your next game so that the Rockies will go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment