Tuesday, February 10, 2009

P.R.!!



In an attempt to draw attention away from ARod's newfound ugliness, I'm presenting Pete Rose as my first handsome nominee from the archives.

This is Pete Rose exhibiting the superhuman feat of diving/sliding/flying toward a base.

He's also the only baseball player I know of to hold ranks with the likes of Jackie O and Diane Von Furstenberg with his Andy Warhol portrait.

I'm trying to think of a clever title for my next post but I think Wade Boggs sums it up. DIBS

4 comments:

  1. If you think Pete Rose is attractive, imagine how attractive Mike Schmidt must have been

    http://thirdbaseorbust.blogspot.com/2009/02/greatest-man-that-ever-lived.html

    According to the Wikipedia, teammate Pete Rose once said, "To have his body, I'd trade him mine and my wife's, and I'd throw in some cash."

    Nice post Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How that comment has not entered the vernacular, I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth! Welcome to the blog.

    Here's a photo of Pete Rose* in his underwear:

    http://wordspacing.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/pete-rose-jockey.jpeg

    *I'm not sure if this is real or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenni! good to be here.
    I saw that picture of P.R. in his underpants and decided it was much too R-rated for my first post.
    But from this point on, consider me no-holds-barred..........

    ReplyDelete